J.R. Tripp built this, the second store building north of the railroad in 1885. He used the west end of the building for a bank and became tohe first banker in Barnes in 1886. Mr. Tripp was an active ODD Fellow's Lodge Member. He built a hall above his building, which was used as a meeting place for the ODD Fellows.
Community members added the silouettes to the windows of the ODD Fellows Hall in 2004. It is a good example of the sense of humor that Barnes is famous for.